Charlie Bear

One of the things I get asked from friends and family is do I want to come home yet.
I do and I don't.


I do because my dog Charlie Bear is so far away from me and I cannot give him all my loving from the small screen on my phone when I video chat with my parents. And while I do love and miss my parents, I know they are completely okay with being separated from me for a long while. I don't know if Charlie understands why I'm gone.

I also don't want to come home yet because while its customs may be strange to me, I have still so much to see and learn from China.

This still does not stop me from missing my fur-baby. It's the first time that I have been apart from my dog for so long that I sometimes wish I was back home to hug him and kiss him tight. His little tail happily wagging as he dropped the toy he'd bring to me as a welcome back gift.

He does this to everyone who comes in to the house. If he hears you coming, he desperately tries to find one of his toys to bring to you as you make your way to the house, so when you open the door, the first thing you see is Charlie Bear's Welcome Home toy in his mouth. Sometimes, it's not even a toy. It's a tissue, or a sock, or a piece of paper he found because it was the closest thing to him.

Video chatting with my parents at first made me think that perhaps Charlie Bear had forgotten about me. I kept calling his name out through the phone and went completely ignored.
But then there are times when he turns and really looks at the camera that bring a flicker of hope that he still remembers me. My parents tell me that when he hears the sound of my car being locked (my parents are using it), Charlie Bear goes crazy and looks out the window thinking I'm home. Then it takes several treats to distract him from the false alarm.

Today, I video chatted with my mom, and as she
held him in her arms, Charlie Bear looked directly at the camera and while I talked to him, his eyes began to tear up. Which made mine tear up as well. How could we cope with living so far away from one another for 11 more months? This is indeed, a sad thought. But if he was here with me, he would be bored because my apartment, while its big, it won't be a fun place to stay cooped up for 9 hours a day until I get off work.
Looks like video chatting and occasionally receiving pictures of his cute butt will have to sate my need to have him close to me.
So no, I do not miss home. I just miss my monkey butt. Terribly.


Wo xiangnian Charlie Bear.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scottish men are hotter than English men?!!

Cat Diary Episode 141

Cat Diary Episode 98