Abandoned Wall somewhere in Los Angeles

I took the bus to the Optometrist (also know as the eye doctor) and found a very interesting quote and lucky for me I had my camera with me and took a pic, well more than one pic of course.
"History as whitewashed as abandoned walls."
What the heck could it mean? Of course I was on the bus and the whole time it nagged me. Then I got home and Googled the definition of whitewashed to see if I got it correct.
According to the definition that first pops up it means a little more than to paint over something.
Whitewashed: To try to clear (someone or their name) by deliberately concealing their mistakes or faults.

It all made sense then. History is funny with how events really happened by omitting or exaggerating the facts. So of course this quote is gonna be forever memorable in my book.
Also along my trip I found a (nice?) place to grab 1 dollar Chinese food! Although I think they could use a new sign. And further along my hour and a half bus ride (don't judge, it was a nice ride), I saw a Green Horse Cocktail bar, a dentist office with (for some reason) a 5'6" statue of Johnny Depp as Captain Jack Sparrow. Yes. A dentist office, you know, the kind that examine your teeth and has that dredful smell of goodness knows what.
Oh and finally I also saw a pink mustang. A Ghetto Pink Mustang. No, the driver wasnt a girl. It was a dude. Sigh.



Comments

  1. Enjoyed your musings. Thank you. Would have loved to see a picture of the Johnny Depp statue.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Scottish men are hotter than English men?!!

Cat Diary Episode 141

Cat Diary Episode 98