Tiger Hill, the Leaning Tower of China

In Suzhou, around 496 B.C. a Emperor by the name He Lu, King of the Wu State was killed during the war fought against the Yue State. 

His son buried him on the hill and three days after the funeral a white tiger came and sat upon the grave as though guarding it. From that time on it has been known as Tiger Hill. 

A few hundred years later, the octagonal Pagota of Tiger hill was built, the Hu Qiu Tower. Standing at 158 feet (47m) high and 7 stories high, is completely made of stone, with a masonry structure meant to imitate wood structured pagotas of that era. Over the many, many years, it began leaning to its current state of 10 feet (2.32m) to the right, making this ancient almost 2500 year old pagoda, the Leaning Tower of China.

This one of my favorite place that I went to go visit in Suzhou. Everywhere you turned you felt at peace by the beautiful lush greenery and the soul calming architecture. 

And somewhere hidden in these mountains were a couple of gardens, a couple temples with massive golden Buddha statues and some other deities I could not name for the life of me but just as equally important. 

In this same wonderful place, there is this deep calmness that soaks through your skin and you feel it like cool water being poured from the top of your head. 
I certainly did not want to leave. 
And I even made a cute friend who was trying to eat my hair because I wasn't paying attention to him.
Until Next time!
Zai Jian!

P.S. Big shout out to my dad who I kept voice messaging him as I was exploring Tiger Hill. He sent me the information about Tiger Hill history so it could help me write this post. Thanks Daddy!










Sword Pool

Double well

Buddha Temple

This is something like a drum where the Monks
beat it to stay in rhythm with their chanting prayer


Many Gods and Goddesses


So peaceful

I love these circular door frames.
He wanted a selfie. The owner warned me that he "bites"
but the horse let me pet him and even licked my hand.






Comments

  1. The most peaceful place on earth :o) Lucky you.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Scottish men are hotter than English men?!!

Cat Diary Episode 141

Cat Diary Episode 98