Suzhou, a City of Canals

I know it's been a while since I've last posted something of my adventures. I have been busy with work and trying to really relax after I come from work. There is always something to do!
Anyways, in the beginning of the month of May, I made another solo excursion to see the beautiful  Venice of China, Suzhou. It took me a little over three hours by a train that went nearly 300kph.
The first thing I noticed about the ENTIRE city, is the way newer architecture mimicked its traditional Chinese tiled building to look like the older, historical buildings that are in abundance in the city. Everywhere you go, you are reminded of the city's rich history and its interconnecting canals. Along the way I learned many things. For example, the canals that run like veins in the city, mostly come from the Yanze River.
It was interesting to see that I was not the only foreigner in Suzhou. Suzhou is among one of the top 10 places tourist visit when they're in China. I didn't exactly run up and hug the the first foreigners I saw (there was a French group of tourist with a Chinese guide), I mean that would be weird right?
And the majority of the things I was interested in was the famous gardens, the temples, and the old water towns. I will post those up later.

Did you know that Suzhou's is more than 2500 years old?
It's also well known for it's gardens and it's silk production.
For now, enjoy the Suzhou water town canals
Zai Jian!







Old~Modern








Yes, some of the oldest families live in these watertowns

Some of the streets are very narrow and can barely fit three people walking shoulder to shoulder

Water canal in the middle of a busy intersection

Just imagine what this town looked like back in the day.

Cute little animal shaped Baozi

This guy is one of the last few traditional lollipop makers.

Typical entrances for people's homes

It's funny to see such a old historic building serving modern food like coffees and fruit blended drinks

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scottish men are hotter than English men?!!

Cat Diary Episode 141

Cat Diary Episode 98